Multi
Multi
Closed
Question to the People
Topic Started: Monday, 19. March 2012, 03:31 (730 Views)
Robot
No Avatar
Level 9
Too often things are implemented and people say yeah we want it or no we don't, but never really explain why or why not. I would personally like to ask everyone, whether you are for it or against:

Why do you or do you not take part in graphics battles?
Why do you or do you not showcase work both design and/or coding?
Why do you or do you not discuss design topics?

Why are you here at Outline, to talk or design? (Don't say both, pick the one that's more for you)
Off

Doug
Member Avatar
Level 9
I'm here because i want to be here and obviously something about here interests me that doesnt hold me in any way possible to either design nor chat.
Off

Henry.G
Member Avatar
Level 4
I have to say, seeing as you are a silver member and not an administrator, why do you care? In a general way I would like to also point out that most of the services here are pointless and if I was admin this would have evolved into a General Chat Community - There is after all, no need to compete with the official resource board where the vast majority of people go.
Edited by Henry.G, Monday, 19. March 2012, 09:18.

Posted Image
Off

Doug
Member Avatar
Level 9
Henry.G
Monday, 19. March 2012, 09:17
I have to say, seeing as you are a silver member and not an administrator, why do you care? In a general way I would like to also point out that most of the services here are pointless and if I was admin this would have evolved into a General Chat Community - There is after all, no need to compete with the official resource board where the vast majority of people go.
Now now. There is plenty of reason to compete or even try and adapt to building up the memberbase to put on an even show with the official resources board. Its like me telling you, why do you bother with your online money making stick when there are 50000 thousand better ones out there that real people would prefer to go to?

It's not always about being in competition, even if that can give you the edge to do better and strive harder than ever, but also about giving people; a choice, an opportunity... an extra opinion.
Off

Bluezone777
Member Avatar
Level 8
All ZNR has on Outline is time and stats both of which will eventually be overcome with time. ZNR is lifeless as there is hardly any posts made per day on there which suggests no one is doing anything and the community has mostly abandoned it outside of those who just join to get a skin and leave. Being official does nothing for them because they don't look like they are official at all. You literally have to point it out as this board would look more like the official board then ZNR because it actually looks like a well run and managed forum.

I also like to point something out that you seem to have missed. Your opinion =/= fact. Just because you find it pointless does not make them pointless.

As for the Op's questions, I am here for the chat as I have no interest in design at all.
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image
Off

Lover Boy
Member Avatar
Level 5
Well, im quite busy these days in my life and my career so much that I hardly come online. Life is such a busy place these days. That is why i don't participate in design. I dont have time to design or code. The next thing is Im not in touch with the coding or designing from a long time.

Posted Image
Off

Seth
Member Avatar
Shigeki No Kyojin
I've been here all 4 years, so I'm pretty much an oldie to Outline.

I come here just for the community and the friendly faces I see around here. :)
Off

cynosure.x
Member Avatar
Reach for the stars.
Flavius
Monday, 19. March 2012, 03:31
1) Why do you or do you not take part in graphics battles?
2) Why do you or do you not showcase work both design and/or coding?
3) Why do you or do you not discuss design topics?

4) Why are you here at Outline, to talk or design? (Don't say both, pick the one that's more for you)
1) On Outline I haven't participated in any battles yet because I lack interest. I have participated in battles on other forums though. Not lately though.
2) I sometimes showcase my work but as of late, I made nothing new so there's nothing to showcase really.
3) I don't discuss design topics because I basically have no clue about designing.

4) I'm here on Outline to talk. That's mainly why I'm here and that's the main reason why I joined Outline. (and requests, lol) But Outline did inspire me a little to start "designing".

"Designing" = avatars and sometimes signatures in my case, which hardly is designing. Designing to me is themes and large art or really impressive signatures. :) I'm certainly not a designer.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Off

Aidan
Member Avatar
Level 12
Graphic Battles is a place to just continue practicing your designing and/or coding skills. Of course, there are other places you could showcase your other work, or showcase your submission before-hand to get some comments on it. If there is anything we can do to make Graphic Battles any better, feel free to say so.

Edit: And for those of you who feel your work is not good enough, there are quite literally hundreds of tutorials for you to try out. Designing Tips & Tutorials, Artistic Tips & Tutorials, and Coding Tips & Tutorials. Any questions if you get stuck or confused may be posed in either the tutorial topic in which you are lost, or within our Support Zone forum (which, unbeknownst to most, also allows for assistance in achieving a certain aspect of a design).
Edited by Aidan, Monday, 16. April 2012, 17:26.
Got ideas?
Off

IllegallySniped
Member Avatar
FireStone
I've been hear for little more than 2 years now. I've seen dramatic changes through Outline whether it be new exclusive themes, staff retirements, forum changes, etc. And it is almost always the first website I go to when I turn on my computer. Why? Because through the resources, contests and battles, or just plain-old general discussion; there is always something to discuss here!
Posted Image

Try the DEMO of my RPG game now! FREE download! Click image above!
Off

Nivexonix
Member Avatar
Love
I suppose I'm an oldie, since I've been around since the beginning yet I also rarely post. So, to answer your questions:

1. Graphic battles aren't my thing. I'm not designing these days and I was never into graphic battles as a way of improving. I saw it more as a means of testing your skills, but not improvement. Considering I'm out of the game, I wouldn't participate. Purely a lack of interest.
2. I don't showcase either, since I don't make either. If I were to, it'd be design since Outline doesn't seem to be much about coding.
3. I don't see good discussion topics here. I think this is rare to see good topics anywhere, though. If there are good topics, perhaps they could be found on a very-focused, professional design forum. (I say professional since the pros will get more in-depth with design details, which I don't think many members here are too interested in.)
4. To check out the themes, so neither. I really do only come here these days to post on occasion or to look for a new theme to see what's popular.
Posted Image
Off

Karinama
Member Avatar
Level 5
Why do you or do you not take part in graphics battles?
I don't have CS5 on my laptop and it's the only computer I have.
Why do you or do you not showcase work both design and/or coding?
Same as the first answer.
Why do you or do you not discuss design topics?
I do because I want to help others out and it helps me at the same time to get better.

Posted Image
Off

SlipperyNutt
No Avatar
bomb.com
Outline Archives
F E E D B A C K

Thank you for your feedback- it has been discussed and moved to the archive.

SlipperyNutt | Outline Staff
Off

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Archived Feedback · Next Topic »
Closed

Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Outline Live