Multi
Multi
  • Pages:
Outline's Official Goodbye
Topic Started: Monday, 7. April 2014, 22:17 (20,255 Views)
Cody
Member Avatar
Winter is coming.
Greetings friends, strangers, and all members,

Here we are again. It's been nearly seven months since I made that fateful topic that sent most of you into either a passionate blaze or a mournful acceptance. Outline was going into a non-updated state with my resignation. I was moved by the reaction and fallout that followed that topic, however, and I decided to give it a shot and allow the forum to keep going.

Seven months have passed and not much has happened other than our new theme. Many of the staff have grown busy with their lives and don't have the passion or the time to continue devoting themselves to the forum. As a result, most of the forum has been neglected and become dormant. There has been very little progress towards the daily development forum or the long-term development of the forum.

I've spoken with all of the staff about what they want to do. I asked them if they felt they could pick things up and get things back into shape. It was the general consensus that they could not. Life is just too busy. And I respect that. I hold a great respect for every single one of the staff members that picked up the torch after I left and gave it their best shot. It was not an easy task, and a lot was asked of them. I'd like to especially thank Stacha for stepping up in a role that was originally foreign to her with very little notice. I know that you gave it all you could, and I will always be grateful to you for that.

I do not regret giving Outline another chance to live. We got another great seven months out of it. I finished and released Arux, which I consider to be the pinnacle of my work on ZetaBoards - something that honestly would have never happened if Outline has closed. Arux is a true demonstration and reminder of what Outline has been about: innovation and evolution. I hope every time you come back and visit you see the theme and remember that.

I'm trying not to make this excessively long, so I'll get to the final point: Outline is, as of this moment, officially in a non-updated state. It's the same deal as seven months ago. The board will remain open, people will be allowed to post in many sections (I'm going to lock a few and hide others that will serve no purpose), and staff members may continue to moderate the community at their leisure. There will be no more future development, and staff will have no obligation to check the board. We leave it in this state for the community and the resources - there's no need to lock off those aspects of the forum that could still be useful in the future. Please note that if the board eventually becomes overridden with spam or otherwise defaced then posting may need to be restricted.

I hope that you all continue to visit the board as long as you find interest here. We're not forcing you out. We're just being honest with you about the state of things. This has been agreed upon by all of the staff and we stand by the decision. Unfortunately it is not up for debate, and there will be no reversal this time around. Please understand that and keep this topic civil. It's likely one of Outline's last ever announcement topics - let's make it good. At some point down the road we may do some kind of reunion event that will give everyone the opportunity to catch up with each other at one time, but we'll see. There will never be a revival and I'm not open to selling the board or Arux.

I sincerely thank all of you for what you've given me throughout the years. I hope that Outline has influenced your life in some meaningful way - even if it only helped your forum succeed by giving you the tools you needed.

Cody Mannigan
Outline Owner
Posted Image
Posted Image
Off

Aidan
Member Avatar
Level 12
Thanks for the great times, Outline.
Off

three
No Avatar
Level 3
Although I haven't posted much, I've enjoyed my time here at Outline. From the beginning on InvisionFree to the board now it's been a great experience. Thanks to Cody and all of the staff members.
Off

prophet.
Member Avatar
Level 8
I've always enjoyed the community here. It was a blast being an intern for the short period that I was. It's a shame that it did have to end this way, but it seems to be the route that most ZetaBoards forums (even others) have taken. I'm pretty sure Outline was actually the first ZetaBoards forum that I joined. Thanks for the memories though. :(
Posted Image
pm if interested :]
Off

Jacob
No Avatar
imabeast.
I just logged in today for no real reason. Outline had a good run. I find it so interesting to think about the friends I had made here in the past and I hope all of you are doing well, as I had not spoken to any of you in a long time.

Thanks for the memories, everyone. :)
Posted Image
gtn
Off

Geoffrey
Member Avatar
It's a love story, baby just say yes
Peace out, Outline.
Posted Image

Other Sigs
Awards & Memories
Off

Mini Maul
Member Avatar
The Greatest
Shame the new set of staff who wanted to get this place alive and kicking again got busy and failed in there attempts,
I guess a non updated state will be just like the last couple of months have been. Im glad you guys will keep the board open for the people to us the wonderful range of resources that are still here.

See ya guys and gals

ps. will Aruz be released to the public?
Edited by Mini Maul, Tuesday, 8. April 2014, 07:48.

.♥.
Posted Image
Property of LadyV
Posted Image

.♥.
Want A Icon Pack Made?
PM me with details and i will put it on my to do list
.♥.
My Outline Stats
Off

Chris.
Member Avatar
Truth begins in lies.
Arux will not be released to the public, as with any of Outlines recent official themes.
Chris. | Outline Staff | Facebook | deviantART

"Day before yesterday, I saw a rabbit. Yesterday, I saw a deer. And today, it's you."

Posted Image
Off

Ferby
Member Avatar
Coder
I'll be honest and say I was expecting this sometime soon but it's still sad anyway. I never posted much but I did visit occasionally to see if there was anything that interested me. The theme, obviously, interested me a lot. Sad to see Outline go but it's for the best. So in the words of the most beloved character I could think of...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Visit us at the Nerd Domain
Off

Moonface
Member Avatar
Level 5
Reading this doesn't surprise me. I was beginning to get the feeling that it would be decided the forum isn't going to be able to continue and that it would be decided it's best to not drag the horse any longer with nobody able to continue riding it gloriously.

When this was first announced I was gutted about it. Now I feel slightly glad because I'd rather see this than another few months of what it just endured.

I'm sure even if the community on this board eventually dies off entirely, that there will be plenty of other places on the network for everyone to hook up and keep in touch. Places like ChilledEchoes seem to be a particular place I've noticed quite a few names from here gathering on.

Anyway, it was a good run for what it had, and it's a shame it ended but no one can deny it's for the best.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Home | Forums | Twitter
Off

Thane
Member Avatar
Manufacturing the future
It has been coming for quite some time hasn't it.. Well it has been good popping my head in an out during the years!
Posted Image
aspiring electrical engineer
Off

ærodynamik.
No Avatar
Level 6
Sad to see Outline go. But it has achieved many things, others can only dream of.
Off

Mini Maul
Member Avatar
The Greatest
Chris.
Tuesday, 8. April 2014, 09:51
Arux will not be released to the public, as with any of Outlines recent official themes.
Shame they will just go to waste then
Edited by Mini Maul, Tuesday, 8. April 2014, 16:02.

.♥.
Posted Image
Property of LadyV
Posted Image

.♥.
Want A Icon Pack Made?
PM me with details and i will put it on my to do list
.♥.
My Outline Stats
Off

Chance
No Avatar
Dang, dang, dang, skeet, skeet, skeet, She do that thing for three retweets
Mini Maul
Tuesday, 8. April 2014, 07:48
Shame the new set of staff who wanted to get this place alive and kicking again got busy and failed in there attempts,
I'll be the first to say that in many cases the staff was trying to tell everyone that this would be the best option, but several in the community refused to back down from where they stood, and eventually Stacha took the role from their nomination, even with her warning that she had a lot on her plate and she didn't think she was the best option. We all wanted to see this forum thrive, but things just happen sometimes that are out of people's control, and this really is. Outline's time hasn't just come, but ZetaBoards as a whole is a dying breed. I say this is a regular member, not a staff member. It's hard for us to keep making resources for ZetaBoards when most the communities we see pop up when this revamp happens weren't even on the network.

We really did try, but priorities came up, and we had no backbone to keep us up.
Posted Image
GET READY FOR A NEW OUTLINE...

Show our Guests how much you appreciate us by writing a testimonial!
| Ask me a question!

Off

Cern
Member Avatar
Level 5
I haven't been a member a long time, but I've known about is site for as long as I have been using zetaboard. Since I've joined I've gotten to know a few people, I've made my first ever theme, and it's been a fun ride. I'll keep enjoying the ride until the true end.

~ thanks to past and present staff & to the members.

It's been a pleasure Outline.
Off

Drama
Member Avatar
Level 11
Later gator.
Off

Joe
Member Avatar
Hi.
Excellent run nonetheless. Many, many great memories here.

I'm not saying goodbye, because this isn't one. Sure, the updates are gone. No obligation required from the staff team, or anyone really. But the fact remains that Outline is whatever we make out of it. I encourage you guys to still check in, post designs, and hey, maybe try something new with a theme or two. Outline will remain as one of my most visited sites.

I look forward to checking in per usual and maybe posting a bit more as well once the school year comes to a close.
Joe
Off

Gabe.
Member Avatar

It's been a great 4 years here on Outline. I've never thought that I could hold a website so close to my heart, but I have with Outline. It feels a bit better knowing that we at least tried to keep this place up for just a bit longer. Thanks for all the memories, friendships, and everything else. You guys are all amazing and hopefully we can still stay in touch
Posted Image

If falling for you girl is crazy, then I'm going out of my mind

Ask your favourite gold member a question :r
old siggehs

Off

tokyodrift
Member Avatar
sashay, away.
Sayonara, old friends.
Off

Aidan
Member Avatar
Level 12
tokyodrift
Tuesday, 8. April 2014, 20:27
Sayonara, old friends.
Says the one who's older than me. Now how old do you feel? :r

I feel like the oldies will always be around from time to time. The newer members will probably also check in only to realize the place is in a non-updating state. Who knows, maybe people will stick around despite the moderation.
Off

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · News Panel · Next Topic »
  • Pages:

Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Outline Live